Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fashion advertising that's...well, fashionable.























OK, I'm the last guy in the world who should have the right to talk about fashion. But hey, it's my blog, so here goes...

It's easy for most fashion advertising to seem a parody of itself. Angry or disinterested models, often striking curious poses or sporting extremely questionable hair styles seem to be the norm.

Yet I found the latest ad campaign for Ralph Lauren to be strangely accessible. Overnight, they have managed to escape from their glorified yuppie scum past to something much greater. Not sure I can put my finger on it, either. Attractive models, yes, but that's no surprise. Ditto for superlative photography.

I dunno...you think it could be the CLOTHES???

No comments:

Post a Comment